NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS 2017

6:30 pm


I'm an idiot. I thought I could combine New Year's resolutions with a 2017 bucket list but guess what? It doesn't work, it may not seem like it but they are two completely different things *sigh*. Anyways as made obvious by the above text (ooh I like how that sounds) I cannot combine the two posts into 1. Butttt I won't give up (Nah, Nah, Nah) and here you are reading my New Years Resolutions. Really sorry I couldn't include a bucket list so if you want one comment below! 

MY 2017 NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS

I was going to add 'that I'm probably going to break within 4 hours' but that would've made the title longer than acceptable so I just wrote it as an introduction instead. 

I no longer believe in the whole 'new year new me' stuff, in fact, I don't even believe that the new year is a whole fresh start. I'm sitting here on my laptop on the 31st at 10:51 pm knowing it's going to be 2017 in less than 2 hours and feeling no different. But that's not keeping me from writing resolutions and bucket lists because I need something to motivate me. The New Year is the perfect excuse.


Make my posts more personal

I would love to be able to express myself through my posts. I know I am a Beauty, Lifestyle & Advice blog but I don't want to feel limited in what I write. I want to be able to add a little bit of my personality here and there, I feel I did that a lot in this post which is motivating me to write more (so much in fact my hands aren't typing quick enough)

Post at least once a week

All together I have about 15 posts on this blog. Writing posts is hard work especially since I'm still in school but I love it when I see that people are actually reading my blog. Whether it's through comments or page views, it really makes me happy.

Wear makeup more 

I have a confession. I don't wear makeup often, like at all. I mostly only wear it to school and even then it's usually just mascara, eyebrows and concealer. In my spare time (weekends, holidays) I don't wear makeup at all except when I'm bored and want to play around with it. This may not seem bad but for a beauty, MAKEUP & lifestyle blogger, it probably is. It's not just that. I'm always in my bed and if I wear makeup I can't stay in my bed for fear of staining my pillow. It probably sounds stupid but yea that's my life.

Be more active

This may seem basic but I am not a healthy weight. I have tried to lose weight before and not succeeded. I have not been comfortable with my body since I was 10 years old. When I randomly stepped onto a scale and saw that number. I have a bad relationship with food. I'm not that active but in school, I excel in sports (mainly basketball I'm taller than most of my peers). I want to stop being jealous of other people bodies. I want to love mine.

Learn SEO

Honestly, I had no idea what this was until I read someone's blog. It stands for Search Engine Optimisation and it's something you should really learn about if you have any kind of website. I'm not too keen on getting it done right now but I know it's something I'll eventually be able to do


Clean my room often

My room is a mess. 2 seconds after I clean it it's a mess again. I need to try to keep my room clean. Simple.


Fix my sleep schedule 

I am usually sleep deprived, due to the fact that I am on my phone every night. I have become used to living on minimal sleep and then bingeing on sleep on the weekend. Sleep is essential for your health so I would love to improve my sleep to simply get better quality life.

Write things down more

When I write my blog posts, I write them on my laptop. Because there is no blogger app I am unable to write things as they come into my head. I sometimes write things in the note section of my phone which I feel is something I should do more often. Getting a great idea and then forgetting it really sucks.

Write a whole book

I started writing a book on a website late 2016 and I was always too busy to write more and update it. My goal for this year is to hopefully finish that book. 


Change my attitude

This one feels really hard for me to explain. I want to change my outlook on life and improve my personal relationships, but it isn't as easy as that. It's going to involve a long process. Maybe I'll write about it someday.

Change my blogs' look

Right now I am using a basic blogger template. I'm not particularly fond of it but when I tried to change it to a free blogger template I found on the web, chaos unleashed. Luckily, I had saved my old template and I restored it perfectly. I want my blog to have a minimalist, clean look so it's going to take some time before I can achieve that.


Improve my blog photos

Being completely honest, I don't take my blog photos. I did once and found, since I don't have a camera and didn't know how to edit. It wasn't for me, I also didn't really have the extra time.

 After reading skinnedcartree's blog course; Improve your blog (which was originally posted at the beginning of 2016 but reposted for 2017) I found that I could use free photos that had no copyright on them and edit them using a site called Canva. I did this on today's post and I have to say I am already loving the photos.



I hope you enjoyed this post and don't forget to share, comment and follow all my social medias which you can find on the sidebar or on my 'contact' page.
Thanks for taking the time to read x




You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Good luck on your NY resolutions! All good ones and hope you achieve them!:) If not achieve (some are pretty heavy ;)!) then at least work on them. :)
    Madara
    Lookforsmile.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll try and I hope you enjoyed the post x I'll check out your blog now!

      Delete

Popular Posts