ACNE 101 | SKINCARE TIPS

10:45 pm



Everybody has to deal with acne at least once in your life - well if you don't you're really lucky.
 Today, in this post I'm going to talk about how to deal with acne and how to clear up your acne (Keep in mind that I am in no way a medical professional, consult your doctor for more information) 

Because I am in my teens I will be talking about teenage acne. Though you can use these tips for all ages. Let's get into it!

Dealing With Acne

Having acne can really downgrade your confidence though from personal experience, no one really notices your acne - or if they do they're kind enough not to mention it. They've probably had a spot here or there in their lifetime so acne really isn't as much of a thing people will point out.

However that's not why people usually tend to feel unconfident when they have acne. It's more of a thing where you notice people who don't have acne - you look at their "perfect" skin and it makes you feel bad about yours. The key to not being affected by this is to just remember nobody is perfect.

You may feel that the person in question has it easy, having perfect skin and all but really this is not the case. You don't know what goes on in this person's life and if they haven't always had skin that looks "perfect". You just see. You don't know.

Ways to clear up your acne

Now to the main part of this piece. There are lots of ways you can clear up your skin, so if one doesn't work for you, you can always try another method. Consult your doctor for more information.


  • Change your diet
Diet changes usually clear up mild to moderate acne. Vegetarian and vegan diets work best, though I've personally never tried this. I do know that great results can come out of changing your diet. Click here for a link to my post about 'Pros and Cons of Vegetarianism'

  • Wash your face twice a day
Sometimes simple things like washing your face can make a major improvement. Try to implement a routine for washing your face, as well as exfoliating once a week. I'll link an exfoliating brush down below.

     
  • Don't pop your spots
It may be tempting but this is the worst thing you can do. Yet we all do it from time to time, do your best to let your skin do its job and the spot should be gone in a few days.

  • Try a face mask
Whether it's DIY or high-end, try a face mask! Incorporate one into your night or spa routine and you might get great results! Face masks can be really easy to use so fill up a bath and pop one on for a night of relaxation. Some peel off masks target and remove blackheads. Here are some I found.



~

And those some of my best tips! I hope you liked this Acne 101 post as much as I loved writing it and if there are any other topics you want me to make a 101 about leave a comment down below! 
Hope you enjoyed xx
Follow me on Bloglovin! The rest of my links are on my contact me page.

Love you all x

*All of the products listed are from Amazon, some may have discounts as part of their Cyber Week sale. Check it out!




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts